There is a trend of putting butter in coffee. I find this sweet and creamy version more palatable.
Maple Buttered Coffee
- 3 cups coffee
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 pats unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp. half and half
- Combine one cup of hot coffee with two pats of butter, and add maple syrup and half-and-half.
- Nutella and butter on a baguette
- Raspberry jam and butter on a baguette
This coffee is inspired by three other beverages.
- In Tibet, people drink a smoky tea loaded up with yak butter and pink Himalayan salt. It provides fluids, caffeine, fat sodium and calories. It gives you energy to work all day at a high altitude and cold. Once source states that people drink up to 40 cups of this tea a day.
- Dave Asprey adapted and Americanized the beverage as buttered coffee, by adding grass-fed butter and coconut oil to coffee.
- Hot buttered rum is an English beverage made from hot water or tea, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, and of course, rum and butter.