Chicken, it can be cooked in about any way imaginable and is a favorite meat for many. Everyone has their favorite way of preparing it and their favorite cut of meat they prefer to eat.
The possibilities for eating chicken are pretty much endless. Usually you will see chicken prepared by cuts such as breast and thighs or an order of wings. What about the whole chicken?
I have eaten chicken about any way it can be prepared, but have never really loved it. Aside from my grandmother’s fried chicken I was never really a fan of it, and my family rarely ever ate it for dinner.
This was until I stumbled upon this super easy and super delicious recipe, The Brown Bag Chicken. This is the easiest recipe to prepare for baking a chicken. My family, myself included, love it!
- Cast iron skillet or a baking sheet
- Brown paper bag
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 onion cut into halves or quarters
- 1 tbsp ground paprika
- 1 tsp Rosemary or any other seasoning your family likes optional
- 1 tbsp butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (204 Celsius).
- Rinse your chicken under cold water.
- Pat the chicken dry, I use a paper towel and then discard it.
- Remove excess fat, if there is any.
- Sprinkle the whole chicken, inside and out with salt and pepper.
- Place the onion halves inside the chicken.
- Add the butter and any other spice you are using to the inside of the chicken.
- Sprinkle paprika all over the whole chicken. You can pat it to stay but not necessary.
- Place the whole chicken into a brown paper bag.
- Place the bagged chicken into the cast iron skillet or onto the baking sheet.
- Tie or fold the bag closed, this will help keep in moisture.
- Bake for 1h 30' to 165 degrees Fahrenheit (74 Celsius) to be sure the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Serve warm and Enjoy!