We’ve finally used up all of our white sugar, and I’ve vowed to use other more natural sweeteners from now on. So, last week I made my first batch of muffins using only honey as a sweetener.
I was so pleased with how they turned out! And the kids devoured them, which means this is definitely a keeper. I adapted the recipe from one I found in a Better Homes & Gardens cookbook.
Honey Whole Wheat Blueberry Muffins Recipe
- 1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients together, forming a well in the center.
- In another bowl, combine the wet ingredients (except for the blueberries). Pour this mixture into the dry mixture, and stir just until moistened (batter should be slightly lumpy).
- Fold blueberries into the batter.
- Preheat oven to 400*. Pour batter into greased muffin pans, and bake for 18-20 min. or until slightly browned.
A city girl learning to homestead on an acre of land in the country. Wife and homeschooling mother of four. Enjoying life, and everything that has to do with self sufficient living.