If you’re in a hurry and don’t have a lot of time for kneading bread, you may prefer this Artisan bread recipe. I like it because it has only 4 ingredients and I don’t have to take the time to knead the dough.
We use it often when we need some bread and perhaps don’t have everything for our other recipe. Even my youngest daughter can make this bread and it always turns out great.
Dutch Oven Artisan Bread Recipe
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
- ½ teaspoon yeast
- 1 ½ cups warm water
- Mix all of the above in a bowl. It’s okay if it looks “rough”. After you blend it all together, oil another bowl and place the mixed ingredients into the oiled bowl.
- Oil the top of the dough and again place plastic wrap over the dough and then a warm dishtowel.
- The best part of this bread is that you can now leave it be for as long as 24 hours. On average, I make the bread in 12 to 18 hours, but you can leave it be for as long as 24 if you don’t have the time to bake it yet.
- For this recipe, we place the Dutch oven in the oven while the oven preheats to 400. When the oven is pre-heated we then remove the Dutch oven and place the bread into the Dutch oven.
- At this point in time, I then use a knife and cut some slices into the bread dough. I oil the dough again and then, I spritz the top of the dough with a bit of water. You could also just pour a bit of water over the top of the dough if you prefer.
- Place the lid on the Dutch oven and place it back into the oven.
- Bake your bread for 30 minutes and then remove the lid of the Dutch Oven to brown the bread. Bake it for an additional 15 to 20 minutes or until it’s golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and the Dutch Oven and allow the bread to cool a bit before slicing.
Artisan bread is a bit more chewy than the Dutch Oven bread we make with chia seed, flax and oats. The water that you pour over the top or spritz makes the bread more crusty. You can also try out our other dutch oven recipes.
Hi, I’m Linda. I’m a mom, grandmother, homesteader. I love simple living and enjoy my life on a homestead where I garden, raise a variety of animals and strive for a life more like my grandparents lived.
My goal is to enrich life by living it as simply as possible and focusing on the way my grandparents did things. Life is so much more fun when it’s lived simply.