I LOVE making these for baby showers. And they are so simple! I saw a similar idea somewhere where they had made angels out of these jars, and I thought the babies would be really cute too. You can make these into anything though (snowman, bride/groom, animals…) So here’s how I make them:
- 1 1/2 in. styrofoam ball
- pipe cleaner (for hair); yellow, brown, black, or orange
- acrylic paints; flesh color, pink, black, white
- Spray paint for the lid (it just goes on the best); whatever color you want it to be (I like blue and pink)
- a clean baby food jar
- thin ribbon
- mini pacifier (you can find these in craft stores in the baby shower supplies)
- Hot glue gun
- Filling for the jar (whatever you want to put in it!)
- Wash and dry the baby food jar really well (you’ll need to soak it to get all the sticky label stuff off)
- Spray paint the lid; may need two coats
- Paint the styrofoam ball flesh color
- Twist the pipe cleaner around a pencil to make it curl. Cut a piece about 1 in. long and stick it into the top of the ball once the paint has dried. This creates the curly hair on top.
- Hot glue the ball to the top of the lid, once the paint has dried.
- Push plastic pacifier into the ball where the mouth would be.
- Dip the end of a paintbrush in black acrylic paint and dot two eyes above the pacifier.
- Paint two round circles with pink paint beside the pacifier, where the cheeks would be.
- When the black paint has dried, using a small, fine paintbrush, dab a dot of white paint on the upper right side of each black dot, to create a highlight.
- Tie a ribbon around the neck.
- Fill the jar with whatever you’d like. I like using candy or filling them with lavender-scented candles.
Have them displayed on a cupcake stand, and there you go!
A city girl learning to homestead on an acre of land in the country. Wife and homeschooling mother of four. Enjoying life, and everything that has to do with self sufficient living.