This might seem like a complicated recipe, but the pressure cooker makes everything so easy! Just look at the instructions below…
Whole Roasted Chicken in Pressure Cooker
- 3 - 6 lbs. whole chicken
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary chopped
- 2 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil for the pan
- 6 cloves garlic (or 2 tbsps. minced)
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 onion
- If your whole chicken has gizzards or anything inside of it, remove the items from the cavity.
- Rinse your bird off with cool water and pat dry with paper towels. Set the chicken aside.
- Now, preheat your cooker to sauté.
- In a small bowl, mix together the rosemary, oil, garlic, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Rub the spice mixture all over the chicken. I like to add a cut up lemon into the cavity, at this point. You may also use an apple or onion, if you prefer.
- Add the tsp of oil to your pressure cooker.
- Place the chicken to the cooker and cook on one side for about 4 minutes.
- Flip the bird over and cook the other side. Now, remove the chicken from the pot and set aside.
- Add the broth to the cooker and scrap any brown bits from the bottom with a spatula.
- Cut your onion into wedges and place into the pot.
- Put your seasoned chicken on top of the onions, breast side up.
- Close the lid of the pressure cooker. Cook on high pressure for 6 minutes per pound of meat.
- Allow the bird to rest for 10 minutes before releasing the steam.
- Remove the chicken and place on a large plate or cutting board before cutting into. Enjoy!