**Giveaway Closed. Congratulations to Linda! And a big thanks to everyone who participated!**
As our economy has struggled to pull itself out of this recession, more and more people are becoming aware of the need to start preparing for even harder times ahead. One preparedness measure that has become increasingly popular is storing “survival seeds“. Simply put, these are all of the heirloom variety seeds that you would need to be able to plant a large enough garden to feed you and your family. Heirloom seeds, unlike store bought packs, are a definite must as these are the only kind that you can save seeds from. These seeds have the potential of feeding your family for generations to come! And they will store for up to 5 years, so you don’t have to use them right away.
When Hometown Seeds recently contacted me and so generously offered to host a “Survival Seed Pack” Giveaway here, I knew this was one product I could put my support behind. I’m always somewhat hesitant placing seed orders with a new company over the internet. After all, you can’t always trust that your money is actually going to a legitimate purchase. Well, I’m here to tell you that Hometown Seeds is a real company that you can trust. I received my package from them in just a couple of days, and everything was just as they said it would be.
Interested in winning your own Survival Seeds? Each pack includes 16 of the most popular varieties of open-pollinated seeds, including:
- Lincoln Peas
- Detroit Dark Red Beets
- Kentucky Wonder Brown Pole Beans
- Yolo Wonder Peppers
- Champion Radish
- Lucullus Swiss Chard
- Black Beauty Zucchini
- Waltham Butternut Winter
- Bloomsdale Longstanding Spinach
- Scarlet Nantes Carrots
- Long Green Improved Cucumber
- Rutgers Tomatoes
- Golden Acre Cabbage
- Romaine Paris Island Cos Lettuce
- Golden Bantem Sweet Corn
- Yellow Sweet Spanish Onion
Here’s a little more information about what you can expect from each Survival Seeds kit:
- OVER 22,000 SEEDS! We encourage you to compare us with the competition.
- You will not find a better value for premium quality seed.
- Wholesale Pricing. Purchased by the packet, this pack would cost over $123.00
- Resealable Triple-Layered Mylar: The gold standard in seed packaging.
- Know that your family will have food during a crisis.
- Includes an in-depth instruction booklet.
- Enough seeds to plant 3/4 of an acre!
- Non-Hybrid Survival Seeds produce true to variety seeds to replant for future harvests.
- Optimum water content to increase storage life.
- Double water tight packaging.
- 5 yr. minimum shelf life, up to 10 yrs. if frozen.
- Hometown seeds is 100% GMO free!
- Makes a great addition to your long term food storage.
- Nearly 1 1/2 lbs. of premium seed.
- Ships next business day.
1.) Simply leave a comment telling me what you think about saving Survival Seeds.
2.) Add my Button to your sidebar, then leave a comment here letting me know you did, with a link to your blog. If you already have my button, let me know!
3.) Post something about this giveaway on your blog. Then come back here and leave a separate comment telling me you blogged about it, with a link to your post.
4.) Subscribe to my blog.
Subscribe in a reader Then leave a separate comment letting me know you subscribed. As always, if you already subscribe that counts too! Just leave me a comment telling me you’re already faithful!
5.) Follow me on Twitter, and tweet about the giveaway.
6.) Become a fan on Facebook, and post something on your wall about the giveaway. If you’re already a fan, then tell your FB friends about the giveaway!
Open to US and Canada.
I will choose one random winner on Friday, July 23 at 9 pm, EST. I’ll post the winner here once a name has been drawn, and notify the winner via email, so make sure to leave a valid email address. The winner will need to respond to my email within 48 hours, or a new winner will be drawn.