This is a recipe for the pressure cooker that is so quick it’s unbelievable, but it will produce a hot, hearty, and delicious meal in about 15 minutes. This recipe is perfect for when you drag in late and hungry and don’t want to spend a bunch if time cooking.
The thick penne and the meatballs really fill you up and keep you full, which is great after a hard day. We use this recipe as a go-to for when we have been out fishing all day and come home starving.
Penne and Meatballs
- 2 lbs frozen meatballs
- 3 cups water
- 16 oz penne pasta
- 48 oz marinara sauce
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- grated Parmesan cheese
- Place the meatballs at the bottom of your pressure cooker.
- Pour over 3 cups of water.
- Add in the pasta.
- Next, pour over 48 oz. of the marinara sauce and sprinkle on the red pepper flakes.
- Lightly mix the sauce and pasta to coat.
- Place the lid onto the pressure cooker and select lock/sealing.
- Select the manual setting for 7 minutes.
- When cooking has completed, set the lid to the venting option and perform a manual release of pressure. Stir to mix.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over the penne and meatballs and enjoy!
That’s it. Super simple and super delicious. This is great paired with a side salad and some garlic bread, or on its own. You can add in some fresh vegetables such as eggplant or some peppers and onions, which really change the taste and add to the variety.
I have also tossed in a few handfuls of mozzarella cheese, stir it in, and then set the lid back on the cooker for a few minutes. This gives you a really thick and cheesy dish that is awesome on a cold day. Give it a try and let us know what you think.
Jessica Faidley is a stay-at-home, work-from-home, homeschooling mom who loves to teach her children how to live off the land.
Herbalism is another topic that Jessica has studied. Keeping herself and her family healthy through a natural approach is her way of doing things.