I’ve been thinking a lot today about the goals I’d like to have in place for myself for next year. I don’t really like to call them “resolutions” because we all know that those get broken. But I do think it’s important to write out specific goals and put them somewhere to look at every now and then, to remind ourselves of what it is exactly that we are striving for. If we simply drift along through life with nothing to work at achieving, we will get to the end one day having wasted all of the precious time we had.
So, with that said, here are a few things I plan on achieving in 2011…
- Learn how to sew! I’m especially dying to make skirts and dresses for me and the girls.
- Get my medicinal herb garden going, and use what I grow to make tinctures and herbal remedies.
- Put up a proper fence and get a couple of milk goats. And actually milk them.
- Take some time every day to study the Word of God. Not just read a verse or a devotional, but really study.
- Set aside a devotional time to do with the kids every day, and really work on character building.
- Work harder at making the most of my blog.
- Finish writing and publishing a book I’ve been slowly working on.
- Learn to make hard cheeses.
- Learn to make soap.
- Plant more edible landscaping around our home.
- Grind ALL of our wheat (no more excuses and running to the store for a bag of flour).
- Have an even more productive garden.
- Significantly reduce our power bill.
- Learn to bake with molasses
- Minister to my neighbors
- And of course, home birthing this beautiful child waiting to be born. I pray, pray, pray that it all goes well!!!
I’m sure I’ll think of more things to add to this list over the next few days.
What about you? What are some of the goals you’d like to set for yourself or your family for 2011? Can you think of anything you’d like to challenge me to learn to do next year (be easy on me guys!)?