Macaroni and Cheese is one of the original comfort foods. Combining melted cheese and pasta has been a popular staple for many years, and just about every culture has their own version of it.
There a hundreds of variations and everyone seems to have their great aunts super mac & cheese recipe that adds its own spin of this culinary classic.
Making a good pot of mac & cheese can involve everything from mixing powdered cheese and milk to shredding various cheeses and baking it like a casserole. All are acceptable, but some can also get down right complicated.
We were looking for an easy way to make a solid tasting and creamy mac & cheese recipe, and decided to enlist the help of the pressure cooker. After a couple of tries we landed on this recipe, and it is a real winner. Simple yet delicious, this recipe takes very little time and effort, but produces awesome mac & cheese.
Macaroni and Cheese Recipe
- 16 oz elbow macaroni
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 4 cups filtered water
- Place all the ingredients, except heavy whipping cream and cheese, into the pot.[mv_img id="34011"]
- Set the timer to 4 minutes on manual.
- Once the cooking has completed, let the pressure has naturally release.[mv_img id="34013"]
- Remove the lid and set the cooker to sauté.
- Pour in the heavy whipping cream and stir.
- Add in the cheese, stir, and allow it to melt, stirring occasionally until all the cheese is melted and well incorporated.[mv_img id="34012"]
If you find yourself in the mood for some quick and easy macaroni and cheese, be sure to give this recipe a try. This recipe is great for adding your own flair and making the recipe your own.
I encourage everyone to experiment with my recipes. As always, report back and let us know in the comments how it turned out for you. If you are not afraid of your great aunt, feel free to share her recipe with us as well, we promise we won’t tell too many people.
Jessica Faidley is a stay-at-home, work-from-home, homeschooling mom who loves to teach her children how to live off the land.
Herbalism is another topic that Jessica has studied. Keeping herself and her family healthy through a natural approach is her way of doing things.