This is THE BEST from scratch pancakes recipe I have ever used.
Every one comes out perfectly every time. They’re fluffy and thick, and keep a nice round shape while cooking.
Quick and easy, using simple ingredients, this is definitely my favorite from scratch pancakes recipe to date!
To view the original recipe and all of the comments, check it out at Food.com (one of my favorite recipe search engines).
Made From Scratch Pancakes Recipe
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons margarine melted
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Beat egg until fluffy.
- Add milk and melted margarine.
- Add dry ingredients and mix well.
- Heat a heavy griddle or fry pan which is greased with a little butter on a paper towel. (I have a flattop stove, and setting 5 for med heat worked well for these.)
- The pan is hot enough when a drop of water breaks into several smaller balls which ‘dance’ around the pan.
- Pour a small amount of batter (approx 1/4 cup) into pan and tip to spread out or spread with spoon.
- When bubbles appear on surface and begin to break, turn over and cook the other side.
A city girl learning to homestead on an acre of land in the country. Wife and homeschooling mother of four. Enjoying life, and everything that has to do with self sufficient living.