Oh man, have I got a recipe for you!!
This stuff is SO good. As I gobbled it down yesterday I was suddenly aware of how unladylike I must look with broth dripping from my chin. Thankfully, the kids didn’t care as they were busy slurping it down themselves!
And truly, it’s as easy as can be to make. Please make it at some point in your life. You just have to. Especially if you or a loved one isn’t feeling well! I promise, it’ll hit make you feel ten times better.
Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 cup sliced celery (optional)
- 1 cup peeled carrot, cut into small rounds
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 small potato, peeled and diced
- 7 cups homemade chicken broth (or 4 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth- though homemade is SO much better!!!)
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon Lawry’s Seasoning Salt
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon
- 4 ounces spaghetti noodles, broken into bite sized pieces; or egg noodles
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- parsley (optional)
Melt the butter in a large saucepan, add the veggies and saute for about three minutes, stirring to keep from sticking. Pour in the broth, add the spices and bouillon, bring to a boil. Stir in the pasta and chicken, turn the heat to low, and simmer for 20 min. Top with parsley if desired.
Adapted from this recipe.
Do you think I could can this recipe? I’d love to have some in my pantry for convenience! Have any of you canned chicken noodle soup? Maybe I could can it without the noodles and then add them in as I’m reheating it?