If you are looking for a hearty dinner without a lot of fat, cream, or unnecessary additives, this chicken stew with potatoes is the way to go. It’s chock-full of vegetables, and is still remarkably savory for a filling meal.
Chicken and Potato Stew Recipe
- 1 ½ lb boneless chicken breast
- 3 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 celery stalk diced
- 2 carrots diced
- ¾ lb potatoes diced
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tbsp butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups chicken stock
- parsley to garnish
- Start by melting the butter over low heat.
- Add your vegetables (minus the potatoes) and cook them until the veggies are tender. Add your garlic and other seasonings before mixing in your flour.
- Add the remainder of your ingredients.
- Cook until the chicken and potatoes are both fully cooked and tender.
- Shred the chicken before serving, or, if you want, you can shred it before adding it to the stew.
- You can add other vegetables to this, too, if you want, like sweet potatoes, mushrooms, red peppers, or green beans. I added some sweet potatoes just for an extra dose of healthy nutrients (plus sweet potatoes taste great!).