Oh yum! I just tried this pizza from Tammy’s Recipes, and it was SO delicious!! You have to try it.
I used my homemade BBQ sauce. I also cooked mine in a cast iron pizza pan. Perfection.
For the (thin) crust:
1 1/2 cups warm water
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons oil
3 to 3 1/2 cups bread flour or all-purpose flour (I used hard red wheat with 4 tsp vital wheat gluten added)
1 tablespoon dry yeast
For the toppings:
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce
Butter, for greasing the sheets
16 ounces (4 cups) shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 of a red onion, thinly sliced
1 cup (or more!) fresh chopped cilantroInstructions:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place chicken breasts in a baking dish and coat with BBQ sauce, using about 1/2 a cup of the sauce. Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes or until chicken is done. Remove from oven and allow to cool for a bit; slice chicken thinly and set aside. Reserve extra sauce from the dish for serving, if desired.
2. To make pizza crust, combine water, salt, and oil in a medium-size mixing bowl. Add a cup of the flour, then stir in the yeast and another cup of flour. Add enough remaining flour to make a dough and knead for 5-10 minutes, adding flour as needed to make a smooth, elastic dough.
*To make this dough in the bread machine: Add crust ingredients in the order listed and select the DOUGH cycle. Use dough when cycle is complete, or, remove dough after it is formed (and stop the dough cycle from finishing the rising time).
3. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Divide pizza dough in half. Liberally butter two baking sheets (11×15-inch or 13×18-inch). Spread dough onto the sheets. (If dough is too thick to spread, you can use a rolling pin to roll the dough into a rectangle and then place on the sheet.)
4. Spread 1/4 cup of BBQ sauce over each crust. Spread half of the mozzarella cheese over each pizza, followed by the sliced chicken breast and red onions. Sprinkle with fresh cilantro.
5. Bake pizzas at 450 degrees for about 12 minutes — until toppings are browned and crust is lightly browned on the bottom. Cut pizza into squares and serve with fresh cilantro and extra bbq sauce from the chicken dish, if desired.
This is our new favorite lunch! What’s your favorite way to make a pizza?
A city girl learning to homestead on an acre of land in the country. Wife and homeschooling mother of four. Enjoying life, and everything that has to do with self sufficient living.